Buddy Tennis Foundation runs a program to introduce youth to the game of tennis, and creates a pathway for continued play. Buddy wants to play ;)
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
Buddy aligns with the US national educational standards.
What are educational standards?
What is the Common Core?
1) Buddy the Ball School Assembly (Interactive with student and teacher participation)
2) Send home flyers and sign-up forms for a free tennis program
3) Conduct 4-6 week tennis product at school (during PE, lunch or after school)
4) Graduation Day / Invitational Playoff competition at community tennis club
- Students will learn the basic strokes, forehand, backhand, serve, and volley, as well as scoring
- Basic coordination and athletic skills
- In order to graduate, students must make it to all of their at school clinics
- Upon graduation students could earn one free racquet, one free Buddy the Ball shirt, and other prizes, such as free private tennis lesson
- Award ceremony to follow
*Winner of tourney or the best attitude / hardest worker gets free month of training at community tennis club