5 Q's & A's with Pro Alexandr Cosbinov
1. HOW YOUNG WERE YOU WHEN YOU STARTED PLAYING TENNIS, AND WHEN DID YOU FIRST REALIZE TENNIS WAS YOUR PASSION AND DREAM?
I started playing tennis when I was 6 years old. My dad used to play amateur tournaments and he would bring me all the time to his matches. After couple times while waiting for my dad I would take his racquet and start hitting the wall for the entire day. I would come home and keep hitting the wall at home with my hand because I didn’t have a racquet yet. At that point my parents saw my interest towards tennis and decided to let me try. I picked it up very quickly and within a year I already was playing small tournaments for kids. I was super skinny but full of energy and emotion. All the kids hated to play me because I would run and hit the ball back all day.
2. BESIDES WINNING, WHAT IS THE BEST PART OF TENNIS FOR YOU?
I believe that tennis is a unique lifestyle. By playing tennis throughout many years you learn and discover a lot of things for yourself.
3. WHEN A MATCH IS NOT GOING YOUR WAY, WHAT CONVERSATION DO YOU HAVE WITH YOURSELF?
When match isn’t going my way I try to relax in my head and start thinking about options that I have to turn the match my way. Sometimes, I remind myself that I have to enjoy each point and it helps me to stay focused on the task.
4. WHERE DOES YOUR CONFIDENCE COME FROM?
Mostly my confidence comes from where I am from. Meaning what a difficult route I was able to do in order to get where I am right now. It really gives me a lot of confidence.
5. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR HAPPIEST MOMENT AS A TENNIS PRO?
My happiest moment was recently when I realized and learned a lot about myself and the game. Also, realizing that I have plenty of room to improve.